Friday, April 20, 2012

April 19 Lunch WOD Sum it Up


Sum it Up
3 Rounds

1:00 - Front Squats (55#/105#)
1:00 - Hollow Rocks
1:00 - Kb Swings
1:00 - Double Unders
1:00 Rest

Add up total reps after each round

WArmup:
10 min Core work

My WOD
3 Rounds
1:00 - Front Squats (95#)
1:00 - Hollow Rocks
1:00 - Kb Swings (26#)
1:00 - singles (few DU thrown in)
1:00 Rest
Total: 330

This was a WOD that really tested my cardio.  Nonstop... just go go go.  Front squats were fine except it killed my wrists!  I did better then expected for hollow rocks.  I need to continue to work on my double unders.  I feel I am close to figuring those darn things out!


4 comments:

  1. front squats will get easier on the hands/wrists the more you do them. Once you get comfortable in that position you will see your lift numbers skyrocket.

    Buy a rope Shawn and practice with it daily du's will come quickly and its the best warm up. just use a lot of different ropes and find what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I need to find a rope. The weight wasn't an issue yesterday, just the wrists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the front squats, a lot of it has to do with mobility in places most people don't think of. Check out some of the videos on MobilityWOD.com that deal with rack position mobility. KStarr actually suggests working on muscles in the shoulders and back in addition to the usual places to help with the rack position. That way, you're legit resting the bar on your shoulders rather than straining your wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I found myself toward the end of the WOD that I was resting most of the bar on my shoulders and only my fingers holding the bar in place.

    ReplyDelete