Friday, March 6, 2015

New Country New Me!!

I am now living in Italy!  We will be here for another 2.5 years and I need to find a Box quickly!!!
I am currently working out at Virgin Fitness center in Baranzate.  Its probably the nicest gym I have ever been to but its not a crossfit box.  I try to do as much crossfit as I can there. The only movements I can not do are snatches and wall balls.  I have been able to do almost everything else.  The other day I did 5 rounds of 5 standing press and 5 OHS and then went and did 4 rounds of 15 box jumps, 10 one arm snatches and 5 burpees.  I always to a strength before I do a cardio.  Much of the cardio is all body weight stuff.  It is just not the same.  No one there to chase or to cheer me on.  Actually people do look at me and wonder what the hell I am doing.  I have been going on and off for the past few months.  Not really gaining any of the strength I lost during the break I took moving to Italy.  I did find a box I want to check out, Crossfit Caronno.  Its about 15 mins from my house.  Kind of a small place but it doesnt matter.  Its not the size of the gym, its the people in it that makes crossfit what it is.
I really miss Crossfit South Kingstown. Especially now since the Open is going on.  I count down the days until I am back there!!!!

I hope to write more on the blog.  Guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment